Prayers

[Prayers] [bsummary]

Lessons by our Holy Fathers

[Lessons by our Holy Fathers] [twocolumns]

Orthodox Destinations

[Orthodox Destinations] [bleft]

St John of Karpathos: When you say to the Lord, 'I have sinned', He answers: 'Your sins are forgiven you...

What is it that so distresses you? No stain is intrinsic. 
If a man has tar on his hands, he removes it with a little cleansing oil; how much more, then, can you be made clean with the oil of God's mercy. 

You find no difficulty in washing your clothes; how much easier is it for the Lord to cleanse you from every stain, although you are bound to be tempted every day. 

When you say to the Lord, 'I have sinned', He answers: 'Your sins are forgiven you; I am He who wipes them out and I will remember them no more' (Matt 9:2, Isa 43:25); 'as far as the east is from the west, so far have I removed your sins from you; and as a father shows compassion to his sons, so will I show compassion to you' 9 Psalm 103:12-13).

St John of Karpathos

"If you would like to become a member of our facebook page, click "HERE"