Prayers

[Prayers] [bsummary]

Lessons by our Holy Fathers

[Lessons by our Holy Fathers] [twocolumns]

Orthodox Destinations

[Orthodox Destinations] [bleft]

St Peter of Damascus: O Lord my God, do not abandon me, though I am nothing before Thee, though I am wholly a sinner...

O Lord my God, do not abandon me, though I am nothing before Thee, though I am wholly a sinner.

How shall I become aware of my many sins? For unless I become aware, severe is my condemnation. For me Thou hast created heaven and earth, the four elements and all that is formed from them, as St Gregory the Theologian says.

I shall keep silence as to the rest, for I am unworthy to say anything because of my many crimes. Who, even if he had the intellect of an angel, could grasp all the countless blessings I have been given? Yet because I do not change my ways I shall lose them all. By meditating in this way, a man gradually advances to the third stage of contemplation.

St Peter of Damascus

"If you would like to become a member of our facebook page, click "HERE"