Prayers

[Prayers] [bsummary]

Lessons by our Holy Fathers

[Lessons by our Holy Fathers] [twocolumns]

Orthodox Destinations

[Orthodox Destinations] [bleft]

St Peter of Damascus: I simply increase my guilt...

If by God’s grace I happen to stop sinning in outward action, I do not stop sinning continually in what I say. And if God’s grace should protect me also from this, I continue to provoke His wrath by my evil thoughts.

Alas, what can I do? Wherever I go, I find sin.
Everywhere there are demons. Despair is worst of all. I have provoked God, I have saddened His angels, I have frequently injured and offended men.

I would like, Lord, to erase the record of my sins by tears, and through repentance to live the rest of my life according to Thy will. But the enemy deceives me and battles with my soul. Lord, before I perish completely, save me.

I have sinned against Thee, Savior, like the prodigal son; receive me, Father, in my repentance and have mercy on me, 0 God.

I cry to Thee, 0 Christ my Savior, with the voice of the publican: be gracious to me, as to him, and have mercy upon me, 0 God.’

St Peter of Damascus
Book1 A Treasury of Divine Knowledge
The Second Stage of Contemplation

"If you would like to become a member of our facebook page, click "HERE"