Prayers

[Prayers] [bsummary]

Lessons by our Holy Fathers

[Lessons by our Holy Fathers] [twocolumns]

Orthodox Destinations

[Orthodox Destinations] [bleft]

Bishop Ignatius Brianchaninov: Having conquered and dispersed the enemies by the name of Jesus...

Having conquered and dispersed the enemies by the name of Jesus, the mind joins the ranks of the blessed spirits and enters for true worship into the temple of the heart which had previously been closed to it, singing a new, spiritual song, singing mystically:

I will thank Thee, O Lord, with my whole heart, 
I will praise Thee before the Angels, 
for Thou hast heard all the words of my mouth. 
I will worship toward Thy holy temple, 
and I will give thanks to Thy name
for Thy mercy and for Thy truth: 
for Thou hast magnified Thy holy name above all.
In whatever day I call upon Thee, speedily hear me; 
Thou wilt multiply Thy strength in my soul (Ps. 137:1–3).


On the Prayer of Jesus 
FROM THE ASCETIC ESSAYS OF 
Bishop Ignatius Brianchaninov

"If you would like to become a member of our facebook page, click "HERE"