Prayers

[Prayers] [bsummary]

Lessons by our Holy Fathers

[Lessons by our Holy Fathers] [twocolumns]

Orthodox Destinations

[Orthodox Destinations] [bleft]

St Seraphim Archbishop of Sofia: I recognize that without love for Christ one cannot be a pastor...

I recognize that without love for Christ one cannot be a pastor, let alone an Archpastor of the Church. But one needs also to speak of love for one's neighbor, which according to the testimony of Christ Himself is the distinguishing mark of true pastoral service. 

And how i should like it that, together with a love for Christ, I would have a heart filled with a love for my neighbor, so that I would be able always to pray boldly for him, to heal his spiritual wounds, to be a comforter to him in his grief, to serve him as his least servant, and to lead him by my word and my life to the one only God, our Savior, in His inexpressible bliss, the kingdom of grace and glory.



St Seraphim Archbishop of Sofia
Sermon on the Eve of His Consecration to the Episcopate