Prayers

[Prayers] [bsummary]

Lessons by our Holy Fathers

[Lessons by our Holy Fathers] [twocolumns]

Orthodox Destinations

[Orthodox Destinations] [bleft]

St. Cyprian of Carthage: When the surge of regeneration cleansed the impurity of my former life...

When the surge of regeneration cleansed the impurity of my former life, a light – steady and bright, shone down from Heaven into my heart. 

When the second birth by the Heavenly Spirit transformed me into a new man, then in a miraculous manner I was strengthened against doubt, mysteries were revealed, and darkness was made light... and I learned, that my having lived in the flesh for sin belonged to the earthly, but now was begun a Divine living by the Holy Spirit. 

In God and from God is all our strength; from Him is our might. Through Him we, living upon the earth, have the hint of a condition of future bliss.


St. Cyprian of Carthage