Prayers

[Prayers] [bsummary]

Lessons by our Holy Fathers

[Lessons by our Holy Fathers] [twocolumns]

Orthodox Destinations

[Orthodox Destinations] [bleft]

Peace is necessary everywhere and it is the focus of our efforts now and always.

Peace is necessary everywhere and it is the focus of our efforts now and always. 

The Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom, in which the word "peace" recurs more than thirty times, is celebrated in our Church. That peace implies peace with God and, consequently, peace within our own souls, and when we have that, we radiate that peace to all around us.

Jesus Christ is our "Prince of Peace" Who instructs us :Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you (John 14:27). And I exhort myself and all those I am in contact with to seek that peace. Have peace with one another (Mark 9:50) - this is the message of God and of the Orthodox Church following God.


Patriarch Pavle of Serbia